Prince Edward Island
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
Provide stewardship for electrical systems and instrumentation including:
* Serve as local subject matter expert for electrical and instrumentation systems.
* Participates in periodic reviews of direct impact facilities, utilities equipment and systems to verify that they remain in the state that is fit for their intended use.
* Use routine data collection to evaluate equipment performance and identify reliability improvement projects.
* Facilitates FMEA sessions to proactively identify gaps with existing maintenance programs.
* Oversee the closeout of critical calibration maintenance work orders, ensuring compliance to GMP requirements.
* Ensure significant changes, maintenance and other interventions do not impact the qualified state of the equipment & provide maintenance oversight for process equipment.
* Act as investigation lead for deviations related to electrical systems and apply root cause analysis to the investigation.
* Write change controls, incident reports, and complete corresponding action items on time.
* Provide coaching to process teams and wider engineering team on technical challenges and reliability improvements.
Implementation and optimization of systems:
* Ensure activities comply with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures.
* Acts as SME and oversees the site Arc Flash strategy and Electrical Safety procedure / process, ensuring compliance with regulations.
* Evaluates and approves any required live electrical work.
* Assist in the development of electrical and instrumentation training plans & execute training as required.
* Identifies improvements to site HSE and GMP processes. Implements improvements to improve process control.
* Influence the site condition-based monitoring program.
* Network with system users to ensure their needs are always met.
* Utilizes network through global COMPANY engineering team and attends maintenance / Reliability-based Global Community of Practice.
* Builds good relationship / network with key vendors.
Execute local engineering projects:
* Provide electrical / instrumentation support to project team, on assigned projects. Influences design and instrumentation chosen, to ensure maintainability and to maximize reliability.
* Provide input on user requirements documents for major CAPEX projects.
* Review, revise & create reliability engineering documentation for new installs including planned maintenance program, drawings and spare parts.
* Work closely with vendors to evaluate and recommend instrumentation.
* Participate as required in teams, committees, or other groups to achieve goals.
* Participates in Haz-ops and other process safety reviews as required.
* Complete documentation review for items generated or completed by the other process engineers and technicians. Provide technical assistance and backup support as necessary to these individuals.
* Monitor all training requirements as defined in the ITP for this position and ensure that training is completed by the required completion date.
* Ensure that all necessary items are entered in the quality plan and that items are completed by the required date.
Minimum Qualifications (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
* A minimum of an engineering bachelor's degree in Electrical or Instrumentation based program is required.
* 5-7 years' experience with reliability engineering.
* GMP industry experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter is essential.
* Proven analytical thinking and trouble-shooting skills.
* Must have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Proven ability to multi-task and must have strong high attention to detail.
* Experience in FMEA and other reliability techniques.