• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and vendors in a professional business environment, demonstrating a commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner with all personnel to ensure tasks are completed timely.
• Required to have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and respectful manner.
• Demonstrates a “can-do” attitude by being self-driven, personable, and dependable.
• Respectful and appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication style to express ideas, thoughts, and feelings to everyone while performing for/or representing the Company.
• Strong focus towards serving internal and external customers with courtesy, tact, calmness, timeliness, sincerity, and empathy.
• Successful problem-solving skills, including the identification, resolution, prevention of problems, and being a good listener.
• Effective speaking and writing skill and ability, including face-to-face, by phone, email, reports, and other required documentation.
• Detail-oriented with an ability to plan and prioritize work activities with a focus on quality and timeliness.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to multi-task and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Computer proficiency, including ability to use e-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel, PDFs, internet browsers, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents, including parts and equipment specifications, catalogs, manuals, etc.
• Responsible to oversee the inspection of all incoming equipment for damage or missing components and provide reports to District Service Manager.
• Ability to ensure accurate shipment of equipment including all hardware and components. Must be able to ensure proper loading of equipment on trucks for transporting.
• Ability to provide assistance with the maintenance and repair of crane and hoist equipment in the District yard and shop and /or other locations as required.
• Responsible to ensure that district personnel and visitors observe safety practices and the yard is maintained in a safe and organized manner.
• Responsible to ensure all shop/yard equipment and rigging is properly stored and maintained at the District facility.
• Responsible to purchase shop supplies and tools.
• Ability to oversee all maintenance and repair work in the shop.
• Ensure the maintenance and preventative maintenance is performed on all tools and shop equipment.
• Ensure all lifting equipment is inspected and maintained in a safe operating condition.
• Training of all employees in current policies, procedures and programs based on their duties and responsibilities.
• Following of all Company safety rules, policies, and procedures at all times, including proper usage of Company-supplied PPE as required, including hard hats, safety glasses, body harnesses, arc flash, etc.
• Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner, which includes wearing of Company supplied MEC Branded shirts or FR uniforms, and proper maintenance of Company vehicles, tools, and equipment.
• Understanding and compliance with Company policies, OSHA, Applicable ASME B30 safety standards, State and local specific safety regulations, and site-specific safety plans as they apply to crane and hoist erection, dismantle, climbing, maintenance and repair.
• Notifies the District Service Manager or, if unavailable, the Corporate Safety Director, Corporate Service Manager or Vice President of Operations of unsafe conditions and/or practices.
• Enforcing safety regulations, standards and Company policies.
• Responsible for timely completion and submission of required paper work and reports to the Corporate office.
• Coaching and resolution of conflicts in a positive manner.
• Recommendation and/or the initiation of personnel actions, such as disciplinary measures.
• Investigating and resolving employee issues with the assistance of HR.
• Motivate employees to achieve work goals.
• Safeguard tools and equipment belonging to the Company.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to work at heights as required
• Ability and willingness to work extra hours, including overtime and on-call availability, according to business needs.
• Ability to perform special tasks as assigned by the District Service Manager.
• Ability to safely operate all yard and shop equipment.
• Must have completed rigger training and may be required to complete rigging certification
• Maintain a current CPR and First Aid certification.
• Maintain a valid State driver’s license and be insurable by the company’s carrier. In addition to the requirements above, you;
• May be required to have a Forklift operator’s license.
• May be required to maintain a Crane Operator Qualification.