The Plant Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the continued improvement/development of reliability programs and processes that have direct impact on key areas, such as safety, plant efficiency, equipment condition ownership by operations, customer satisfaction, innovation and quality. Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis and corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive failures. In cooperation with area managers, develop, train, coach upon, and administer predictive and proactive maintenance programs and strategies based on site and business goals.
In close partnership with the Maintenance, Operations, and Capital Project departments;
- Support and implementation of the Root Cause analysis program.
- Analyze equipment histories to identify and address specific repetitive failures.
- Drive lean manufacturing initiatives across the processes.
- Further development and administration of the downtime tracking program to ensure consistency of tracking throughout the mill.
- Regularly review downtime reports and equipment histories to identify solutions for reoccurring maintenance problems.
- Oversight of the Plant Condition Monitoring/PM Program
- Coordination with Maintenance Planner/Scheduler/Area Leaders ensuring correct Condition Monitoring/PM activities are scheduled and performed when due.
- Responsible for the Plant Lubrication Program/including administration of oil analysis program
- Apply value analysis to make maintenance decisions, i.e., repair/replace and repair/redesign.
- Specify and develop standard repair techniques for major repetitive tasks, such as component replacements.
- Works with Maintenance Planner/Scheduler/Area Leaders, as necessary, to develop job scopes for major unique jobs.
- Develop the standardization processes, which influence new construction and equipment purchases including materials, equipment and spare parts.
- Identify potential cost reductions through extended parts life, reduced labor cost, and other part-related improvement techniques.
- Participates in the review phase of design of capital additions and changes in plant layout to ensure full maintainability of equipment, utilities, and facilities.
- Participates in approval of all new installations and technologies, including those done by contractors, to ensure their maintainability, operability, and reliability as influenced by life cycle costing
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.