Perform detailed control system design and software development for moderately complex engineering assignments, which are stand-alone, or components of a larger project. This position applies specific knowledge of automated and process control systems to manufacturing processes with minimal supervision.
· Ensure compliance and perform all duties in accordance with all safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
· Develop and implement results oriented, value-added engineering solutions that achieve predetermined project goals and customer needs and/or requirements.
· Develop project documentation defining standards, detailed reports, specifications, plans, prints, schematics and/or other necessary documentation required to achieve defined project goals.
· Integrate statistical control components into system design including basic control charting, real time & historical trending, remote monitoring and data acquisition / control.
· Lead and/or guide internal or external engineering resources to ensure adherence to project goals and objectives.
· Implement standard engineering and project management practices consistently throughout project and work assignments.
· Maintain technical skills and knowledge by attending trade shows or clinics; investigate new equipment applications with consulting engineers & equipment venders, and specific course work.
· Lead development and training efforts of field operation and maintenance personnel in the design features, process operation, interpretation of system information, and application of that information regarding control system functionality.
· Witness testing and system site quality control.
· Train plant electricians on processes.
· Monitor installation quality.
· Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
· Perform other duties as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field, Red Seal Industrial Electrician, Instrumentation Technician or equivalent.
· Detailed working knowledge of networking equipment and software, routers and cabling.
· Detailed working knowledge of plant PLCs and HMI software.
· Knowledge of medium and high voltage systems.
· Knowledge of IT systems, PC hardware and software, servers, fiber optic cabling and network switches.
· Comply with minimum skills defined in the Engineering Competency Matrix.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to influence or guide people to allow successful completion of objectives.
· Knowledge and understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
· Ability to function on multi-discipline or multi-functional teams.
· 5+ years experience in automation and process control systems and techniques.
· Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.