· Lays out, machines, fits, assembles, and finishes metal parts to make, modify, or repair moulds according to tool design.
· Interprets the design into a three-dimensional solid object.
· Tests, repairs and delivers moulds and tooling of various types.
· The position will work with guidance from senior team members.
· Training and providing guidance to junior mould makers is also a component of this position.
· Instruct both the theory and practical applications of all aspects of the mould build process to other members of the team respecting skill levels, with attention to safety, quality, cost and timing
· Must verify that customer specifications and company standards are met during the performance of your task(s) with input from senior Mould Maker.
· Provide input for the non-conformance process to provide accurate, detailed documentation of all issues, non-conformances or constraints that cause rework or tool delay and understand why this has occurred
· Plan and organize efficient work flow for assigned tasks with input from senior Mould Maker
· Able and willing to travel internationally as required for training, benchmarking or investigational purposes
· Participate in and support Continuous Improvement and WCM initiatives
· Adhere to applicable quality systems and Support the total Management System
· Able to perform formal/informal workplace inspections
· Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abide by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, promote safety in the workplace; Correct unsafe acts or conditions
· Maintain work area in accordance with the principles of 5S and operate daily within these standards;
· Ensure work area is kept neat and organized
· Provide training and mentoring to junior team members to ensure employee productivity and effectiveness
· Inform Team Leader of any additional training or resources required by crew members to effectively perform their work
· Minimum completion of Grade 12 diploma
· College diploma in a Trade or Technical Field, or equivalent experience, an asset
· Experience in the automotive industry an asset, preferably in an injection moulding environment
· Demonstrate knowledge of mold making practices, standards and expectations
· Maintain safety, quality, 5S, and efficiency for assigned areas
· Maintain confidentiality and integrity
· Organizational and time management skills
· NX software and GSS
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and Outlook, an asset
· Knowledge of Mould Build standards and expectations
· Ability to coach and mentor
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to solve problems
· Results-oriented and able to work under pressure
· Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills