• Troubleshoot and evaluate problems as they arise, locating source of malfunction and performing minor repairs as required on a wide variety of equipment located throughout the facility.
• Inform necessary authority of malfunctions requiring major repair.
• Ensure the proper operation and functioning of the organization’s food processing machines and related equipment to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable working environment for all.
• Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on food processing machines and related equipment.
• Conduct regular inspections of machinery and surrounding areas, making adjustments as required.
• Maintain a logbook of daily activities such as operations, maintenance, test results, instrument or computer interface readings and equipment malfunctions.
• Collaborate with the organization’s other engineers as required to ensure safe and efficient operations.
• Perform regular tests to ensure proper functioning of equipment.
• Continually work in a safe manner ensuring adherence to safe operating procedures, relevant health and safety legislation and other governing codes and regulations.
• Respond to emergency situations, providing timely and appropriate resolution