· To oversee mechanical maintenance department, diagnose equipment failures and repair problems as they arise. To supervise, coordinate and lead employees and activities within the Mechanical Maintenance Department in the areas of preventative and predictive maintenance.
· This position works 10 hour shifts Sunday to Wednesday.
· Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
· Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
· Drives continuous safety, quality and environmental improvement through active participation and leadership with employees.
· Supervise and develop mechanical maintenance department personnel, including training, performance management and scheduling activities.
· Assist with hiring and orienting new employees.
· Develop self and staff to ensure personal and professional growth.
· Schedule and assign preventative/predictive maintenance: including working with hydraulics, electrical, pneumatic, power-transmissions, welding, machining, maintenance of rolling stock, fabrication, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment, oil analysis and non destructive testing (NDT).
· Work with Supply Management to manage inventory of spares and critical spares according to site business plan and engage with key suppliers to optimize cost savings opportunities for the department.
· Prepare departmental reports for internal distribution.
· Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
· Work cooperatively with other departments, vendors and regulatory agencies to meet plant objectives, diagnose complex equipment problems, meet plant goals and manage department budget.
· Participate on multi-function site business team and establish and manage department budget.
· Maintain and manage equipment file system including: mechanical drawings, vendor manuals and information and change documents.
· Lead and participate in process improvement, cost reduction and continuous improvement projects.
· Maintain knowledge of industry-wide technological developments.
· Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
· Associate’s degree/Technical Diploma or vocational certificate preferred
· Interprovincial Red Seal in a related field preferred (Canada)
· Effective leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of plant equipment, operations and predictive/preventative maintenance systems.
· Knowledge of continuous operation manufacturing process and improvement process.
· Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental rules, laws, requirements, and applicable LP Programs.
· Strong oral, written communication and math skills.
· Demonstrated ability to use computer and supporting software for communication and analytical functions.
· Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
· Proven budgeting and financial analysis skills.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
· Ability to implement change.
· Thorough knowledge of current management and supervisory techniques.
· 5+ years’ predictive/preventative maintenance systems experience.
· Demonstrated supervisory or lead experience.
· Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.