We are your Maritimes’ John Deere dealership with 14 locations to serve you.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated person to fill the position of Small Engine / John Deere Turf Service Technician at our Kentville, NS location.
Independently performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned turf equipment . May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
- Performs complex diagnostics and repairs on equipment
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Performs diagnosis and repair in the field as required
- Supports customer clinics
- Maintains current knowledge of competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
- up to 2+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform complex repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on the machines of the Technician’s specialty
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of turf equipment
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Small Engine Certificate with some heavy equipment experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
Work With Us
We offer full time employment, an opportunity for advancement within a progressive organization and a competitive compensation package which includes salary, family health benefits and company pension plan, boot and tool allowance.
Please apply today!