We are the Maritimes’ only John Deere Dealership with 14 locations to serve you.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated person to fill the position of Parts Counter Salesperson at our Halifax, NS location
This is a part time permanent position – 24 hours per week, including Saturday
Responsible for selling, receiving, and delivery of parts and accessories. In addition performs in-store customer service, overall organizational promotion, and stocking duties.
- Promotes and sells products and/or services to meet customer needs
- Records all sales and/or counter transactions that occur. Process all parts orders in full when parts leave with customer.
- Supplies Service Technicians with parts as required
- Assists with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays as well as keeping parts department clean and orderly
- Verifies receipting-in of shipments and assists with placing Machine Down and Stock Orders in their proper inventory locations
- Follows up on shortages and expedites issues by reporting to the manager
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Assists in maintaining department reports (no bin, negative on hand, etc)
- Assists in working on any reports, projects or parts related duties given by Parts Manager
- Work with other departments as directed by your Parts Manager
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills
- Basic parts and machinery knowledge
- Ability to use the John Deere Parts Catalog computer application
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Fork lift license preferred
Work With Us
We offer full time employment, an opportunity for advancement within a progressive organization and a competitive compensation package which includes salary, family health benefits and company pension plan.
Please submit your resume today!
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.